Someday I’ll pickle my shoes in vinegar. For now, I’ll stick with pickled onions. Do you love pickled stuff as much as I do? The more vinegary the flavor, the better. An easy way to give your dish that extra spice is to serve it with pickled onions. They go well with all kinds of dishes, just try them out!
Pickled things not only taste good, but they are also easy and quick to make.
Ingredients for pickled onions:
- 1 pound red onions
- 1 cup 5 percent vinegar
- 1 cup water
- a pinch of salt (you can leave it out if you are sos-free)
- Chop the onions into small pieces or cut them into thin strips
- Bring all ingredients, except for the onions, to a boil
- Once water is boiling, add onions and remove the pot from the hot stovetop. The onions do not need to be cooked
- Put the onions, including the liquid, in a preserving jar and let them steep for at least 15 minutes before eating them
If you need help with weight loss, binge eating, or healthy eating in general, feel free to schedule a consultation with me.