This post is also available in: Deutsch
Do not worry, I would never recommend to anybody doing a soup diet. Nevertheless, a vegetable soup on the menu is weight loss friendly because it is filling and low in calories. This nutritional bomb before your main course ensures that the first hunger is satisfied.
That’s because a big part of satiety works through your stretch receptors in your stomach. The receptors, when there’s a lot of volume in your stomach, send to the brain, “I’m full.” But for satiety to be long-lasting, it’s important to eat a starchy side dish afterward, such as potatoes. Potatoes are especially very filling and not accidentally the most filling food in the world.
You can read more about satiety in the article What genes reveal about your weight – The solution to weight loss.
The soup is suitable as an appetizer or as a filling main course, throw in some cooked potatoes or rice.
Saving time and money
This soup is also for people on a budget because it costs only a little. You can get the precut veggie mix for 99 cents.
The soup is time-saving on top. You don’t have time to chop forever? No problem, the soup almost cooks itself. To add a little sophistication to a classic vegetable soup, curry paste is great.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 2 lb frozen soup vegetables
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1,25 L (42 ounces) of water
- 1 large onion (alternatively frozen one)
- 3 cloves of garlic (alternatively frozen one)
- 2 tsp vegetable broth
- ½-1 tsp curry paste depending on the desired degree of spiciness
- Finely chop onion and garlic. If you use frozen ones, skip this step
- Put all ingredients in the Instant Pot, fill the pot with water until the 3-quart mark and cook it for 4 minutes on high pressure. When finished, release the steam immediately
- In a regular cooking pot, the soup (on light simmer) takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on how al dente you like the veggies
Note: the soup tastes even better the next day.
If you need help with weight loss, binge eating, or healthy eating in general, feel free to schedule a consultation with me.